Keeping together is Progress;
Working together is Success.
Get in touch with us
Permanent position, high technology engineered solutions company in the New Jersey area is seeking an Optical Systems Engineer. The role will be primarily responsible for development of vision systems. The Engineer will work with customers on specs and system design, and will partner with business development internally to conceptualize new systems for customers. A strong background in video systems, image sensors, optical systems, or cameras is a strong plus. The company offers full benefits and full company paid relocation for qualified candidates.
Responsibilities for the Optics Engineer
- Define camera and display systems specifications, hardware and software requirements
- Work with customers on specifications and system design
- Work with business development to conceptualize new systems and write proposals
- Specify, design, simulate and optimize image processing algorithms, augmented reality and deep learning functions
- Evaluate final products assuring accomplishment of technical objectives
- Prepare, present reports and make recommendations to achieve desired results
Requirements for the Optics Engineer
- Through experience or course work, expertise in video systems, image sensors and displays
- Fundamental understanding of designing and characterizing optical systems, cameras and displays
- Fundamental understanding of image processing algorithms and video image signal processing chain